Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rocking The Shamrock Shake.

Shamrock Shake For One
     Okay, I've mentioned these several times and each time I get a blank stare. I remember these shakes from being a little kid and thinking McDonald's was good food. These are limited edition shakes that would only appear on St. Patrick's Day. Maybe I just have a sweet tooth, but I remember most awesome desserts. So when I saw this recipe, I had childhood memories dance in my head. The recipe is excellent. The only trouble is that I was the only excited for one. Am I the only person who likes mint? 
     The recipe comes from  www.vegalicious.org, but since I had to reduce the recipe for just myself, I'll post for those fraction challenged, like myself. Shamrock shake for one: take two parts shamrocks to one leprechaun and then blend. viola! okay, now for the real recipe:
Vegan Shamrock Shake For One
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of vegan vanilla ice cream ( I used So Delicious Creamy Vanilla)
1/2 cup + 6 tablespoons vanilla soymilk (I used Whole Foods 365, made from U.S. grown soy!)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract (I used Simply Organic)
1 teaspoon agave nectar (or organic fair trade sugar, I just happened to have agave)
soy whipped topping (I used  Soyatoo)
3-4 drops of green food coloring (optional, but not really because everyone knows green tastes better)
mint leaves for garnish (optional)

combine ingredients, except the soy whipped topping and mint leaves, and then blend. top with soy whipped cream, sprinkle colored green sugar and two mint leaves. enjoy! 

     I think I would make this again, but maybe lessen the soymilk because I like my shakes thick. Let me know what you think.
Ingredients

No comments: